Sunday 22 March 2020

Coronavirus

Hi Folks,  in the current circumstances I don’t think we should be continuing to promote group rides through this blog.

I have reluctantly decided that I won’t be going out on Wednesday night rides for the time being.  I know our group is small at the moment and we could probably minimise risk of transfer by keeping safe distances but it’s not exactly an essential activity so I don’t personally think it is appropriate.

I fear that if the country as a whole doesn’t  quickly stop unnecessary contact we will be prevented from getting out and about at all. (And that could be the least of our worries!)

If you do want to meet up to bike with others please make private arrangements and don’t put details on the blog which could be seen as encouraging social gatherings.  Above all be careful and look out for each other.

I hope we can get back to normal soon.

Archie


2 comments:

  1. Do you advise against going out by yourself alone? I go out round here but am never near anybody. We have been told to exercise if possible. I don't go to cafes any more and stay away from close contact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter, I’m not personally advising anything, the advice comes from the Government and can be found here

    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults

    The main message is to avoid contact with others as much as you possibly can but currently includes the statement ‘ You can also go for a walk or exercise outdoors if you stay more than 2 metres from others.’ This advice might well change as the situation progresses.
    Take care,

    Archie

    ReplyDelete