Friday 23 May 2014

Cateran trail loop

I found out about the Cateran trail whilst hillwalking in the Angus Glens. So as the bad weather was in the North I headed south today to Pitlochry and then over to Strathardle. The plan was to explore a section of the Cateran trail from Enochdu towards Spittal of Glenshee.  I parked at Kindrogan Field centre having negotiated an very potholed access road. I set of in warm sunshine and located the start. It was a long steady climb past Farm land and then into a forest. Eventually you come out in open moorland. I stopped at the upper lunch hut for a bite to eat and then set off on a now grassy track towards the highest point of the loop at around 1900 feet. The views were wonderful at the top. Thereafter it was a lovely grassy descent eventually becoming farm track again. Here are some pics I took along the way. On the way up, carved finger post, the lunch hut, the track up and the lovely grassy descent.






2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good day out Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, looks good. Another one to add to the "to do" list

    ReplyDelete